My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.scienceforseo.com
and update your bookmarks.

December 04, 2008

Doing a PhD - ouch and wow

This won't be relevant to everyone but I know some computing students read this blog so for their sake I'm embedding this very good presentation on "The art of doing a PhD".

My synonyms for PhD: hard, lonely, exciting, humbling, exalting, confusing, interesting.  And most of the time you have no idea what you're doing, but Einstein said it wasn't research if you did, so I guess that's ok.

View SlideShare presentation or Upload your own. (tags: computing ubiquitous)
I'm glad to be at the end of it now, and I have to say that any work experience you can get during your PhD is very valuable.  Coming out of University at 30 with with no work experience won't impress anyone.   Show you can walk the talk.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Science for SEO by Marie-Claire Jenkins is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Based on a work at scienceforseo.blogspot.com.